Don’t let rate hikes—and April showers—put a damper on your spring.
With a donation of $25 or more, you’ll receive a special CUB umbrella (emblazoned with the CUB bear) to protect yourself from higher rates—and pesky thunderstorms. It’s a great way to ring in spring—and support CUB!
Your donation will help us fight the big utility companies on more than $1 billion in rate-hike battles, including:
- Appealing $436 million in Ameren/ComEd electric rate hikes.
- Fighting a legislative plan by Exelon to add an electric surcharge that would increase Ameren and ComEd power bills by an estimated $300 million a year.
- Challenging a $53 million gas rate-hike request by Ameren Illinois.
- Appealing Peoples Gas/North Shore rate hikes totaling $74.6 million.
- Fighting an AT&T/Frontier deregulation plan to rid Illinois of low-cost home phone service.
CUB’s advocacy and outreach staff will also benefit from your generosity. Our small dedicated team will be able to host more money-saving events in 2015, field a larger number of complaints and help consumers better understand their rights.
So please consider giving today–and keep the utilities from raining on your parade. Don’t forget to tell all your friends, too!